Removing an interior door panel gives you access to the handle assembly, speaker, window, and more.
- All Tesla Model S vehicles
- 10mm socket with extension
- T30 Torx screwdriver
- Pry/trim removal tool (optional)
- Remove the rubber covering above the 10mm bolt with plastic trim tool. Pry from the side, and it should come up easily.
- Use 10mm socket with extension to remove the bolt.
- Remove plastic covering under interior door handle with trim tool, revealing two T30 screws under the interior door latch handle. Remove T30 screws.
- Carefully use the plastic trim tool to pop the trim off the door. Use both hands to pull from the top of the door towards you (to avoid torquing the plastic pegs and breaking them).
- Separate cables at their respective connectors. Use your knee to rest the door trim in place as you remove the cables.
References and Citations
Thanks to Light Harmonic for the excellent video walkthrough: